Asparagus with Miso Dressing
Miso is one of those superfoods that is readily incorporated into all sorts of recipes. It has that wonderful umami property; and since it is a fermented food, it’s really great for your intestinal microbiome. This particular dressing is great on all sorts of things, including broccoli and fish.
- Fresh asparagus
- Greens, such as kale, arugula, &/or spinach
Ingredients for Miso Dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced (see note)1-2 Tbsp white or yellow miso
- ½ tsp grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice, optional
- Pinch of cayenne, optional
- Cook the asparagus any way you like, such as microwaving it for a few minutes in a little water, or roasting it at 425 degrees for ten minutes or so, or grilling it.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a food processor.
- Place the greens (we steamed the kale a bit, but you don’t have to) on a plate.
- Cover with asparagus, cut up if you like.
- Top with dressing.
If you put the garlic clove in the processor first, before any of the other ingredients, then you can mince it that way.
This dressing will keep for a week in your refrigerator. We doubled the recipe so that we could use it with other foods.