Many-Layer Mediterranean Dip
A delicious, healthy variation on a party standard–
- 4 cups hummus
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup red onion or scallions, diced
- 1/2-1 cucumber (preferably seedless), diced
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted peppers, patted dry and diced
- 1 fresh red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved or diced
- several cherry tomatoes, halved or diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or vinaigrette
- Slather the hummus on a big platter.
- Slather the yogurt on top of the hummus, leaving a border of hummus on the outside (it looks better that way)
- Cover with diced onion and cucumber, then diced roasted and bell peppers, then diced olives and tomatoes, then mint and dill, then feta.
- Drizzle the olive oil or vinaigrette over the top.
- Serve with pita pieces, preferably warmed up.
Note: If you have leftovers, spoon a big helping of dip onto a piece of pita, and put it in a toaster oven. Heaven.